Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 4- March 3

This organizing blog that I joined is really awesome!  Now that we have started a new month, there is a "March Get Organized Checklist."  I like to consider myself somewhat organized, however this checklist offered some great suggestions.  A lot of things I probably wouldn't think about doing with regards to organizing and cleaning.  The followers on this blog continue to be encouraging of one another and very supportive.  Up to this point, everything I have read and seen with regards to digital citizenship has been appropriate.  I will continue to look for signs of this.

4 comments:

  1. Can you give us a few ideas of what is on this list? I am interested to see. The problem is that I have my own "get organized" list but I do not have time. I told my self winter break and then winter break came and went and now I am telling myself summer. Let's see what happens. How about you, when do you have time to get yourself organized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I have the same problem. I usually create this giant list of things that need my attention and leave it on the counter, checking off items as I complete them. The problem is by the end of the week off, only about a third of the items have been completed. This past Spring break I decided to limit my list to only the ten most important items and I was actually able to complete nine of them-a much more empowering feeling.
    Christa, does your site offer ideas on time management/efficiency? I feel like if I could free up more time I would be able to get more organized in other areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen,
    Some of the things on the list are:
    -set goals for the month
    -file your taxes
    -inventory freezer and pantry
    -wash light fixtures and dust lamp shades
    -create a spring cleaning mini zone (put your
    favorite cleaning supplies in a bucket)
    -change batteries in a smoke detector

    These are just a few of the things that were on the list. It seems like the weekdays and weeknights are so busy, and things that are usually organized just fall apart. The weekends are my time to get things back on track. I try to keep it organized throughout the week, but it never fails that it needs to be re-organized over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    This site does have some time management information. On the blog recently, she asked the readers a question: What would you do if you had an extra hour a day to do whatever you wanted to do. There was a huge response from the readers on this blog and it was interesting to read all the responses.

    ReplyDelete