My name is Krista and I teach Jr. Kindergarten at a private, Christian school. Teaching my students about Jesus and His love every day is wonderful. Introducing the children to Bible stories, some for the very first time, is a true privilege. There are exciting things happening in my class each and every day, as I am sure you can imagine with a class full of four and five year olds!
When I am not in the classroom, I enjoy spending time with my family. I am married and have three children. We are an active family, and enjoy sports and being outdoors. This is my final class in order to clear my credential. Although I am excited to be so close to the end, I am apprehensive about this class, as I am not very computer savvy.
Hi Krista, I always wished my name was spelled like yours! I look forward to reading your blog. I admire you for your enthusiasm for teaching and being a wife and mother. This is my last class for my clear too! Yay!! It has been a long journey for me - beginning 29 years ago. I took a detour to support my husband in his ministry and education aspirations. Now, our youngest child is a sophomore in college and I'm in my third year of teaching 4th grade. I've found that God has used this career path to teach me a lot about trusting Him and develop my character. Look forward to reading your next post.
ReplyDeleteI teach at a Catholic school but I teach fourth grade. You are brave to teach pre-kindergarten. Although I do think there are good things and bad things about teaching older and younger children. I am kind of right in the middle and I like it. They don't start giving me attitude till the end of the year. Congratulations on coming to end of clearing your credential I am at the beginning.
ReplyDeleteHi Krista,
ReplyDeleteI think the site you chose to follow sounds really good. I am a neat freak too and love to be organized. I am one of those that notices when something is even the slightest bit out of its usual location. I drive my family nuts, I'm sure although they never seem to complain. Your job sounds fun working with all of those little ones. I have 5 grandchildren ranging in age from two 3 year olds, to 5, 6, and 7. They are all a lot of fun and bring my husband and I much joy!